Tell Nancy Pelosi & Kevin McCarthy to Protect and Clean Our Oceans
What's the problem?
- Our oceans are 30% more acidic than at the start of the industrial revolution. By 2050, it's estimated the oceans will be home to more pieces of plastic than fish.
- Our country's most powerful political leaders aren't introducing the kinds of regulation and financial incentives that are needed to protect our oceans.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy need to hear from their constituents. Let's all sign a letter making our position clear.
4 steps to protect our oceans
Although our oceans are one of our best hopes for capturing carbon and limiting global warming, our politicians are doing very little to save our seas.
This is not acceptable.
We need powerful politicians to stop ignoring our ocean crisis. Let's demand that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy create regulations in the following 4 areas:
1. Drastically limit how much plastic ends up in our oceans by passing legislation to tax and/or eliminate single-use plastics
2. Remove and properly dispose of the trillions of tons of plastic that are already in our oceans
3. Reverse deregulation of industrial chemical dumping in our waterways
4. Limit the devastation of coastal ecosystems by regulating seawall development--and investing in rebuilding kelp and mangrove forests that naturally limit sea rise and sequester CO2.
We're up against powerful interests, Big Plastic, and society-wide inertia. Let's break out of the funk and get people focused on the issues that matter.
Help Remove 1 Million Pounds of Ocean Plastics & Win a Trip to HawaiiThe Ocean Voyages Institute (OVI) and WinTogether are teaming up for an exciting charitable giving experience. That's right— by
FinTech: SAP Is the Global Campaign Ambassador for the Clean Oceans CampaignThe complete Official Rules & Regulations can be found here.
SAP Joins WinTogether.org and Other Partners in Effort to Support Clean Oceans CampaignWinTogether.org, a charitable sweepstakes platform powered by Lottery.com, is collaborating with SAP, a global market leader in
Drawing #2 Winners: They Donated to Save the Seas and Won $500Two winners of the Clean Oceans Campaign charity sweepstakes have been announced! Everyone's A Winner Even if you don't win, the