Official Rules & Regulations
NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY. Must be greater of age of majority or 18 years or older. Void in Quebec, Canada, and where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes begins June 14, 2021 @ 12:00:01 a.m. U.S. PDT & ends August 31, 2021 @ 11:59:59 p.m. U.S. PDT (the “Entry Period”). Donation/purchase may not be tax-deductible; check with your accounting or tax professional. Each US dollar donated to the Ocean Voyages Institute will result in one hundred (100) entries into the drawing. To enter w/o purchase or donation, hand print on a 3" x 5" piece of paper your name, street address, city, state, ZIP Code, country, daytime phone number, email address, and date-of-birth, and mail it in a #10 stamped envelope with proper postage affixed to: The Clean Oceans Campaign Sweepstakes - Entry, P.O. Box 342454, Austin, TX 78734-2454 (USA)., to be postmarked by August 31, 2021 & received by September 7, 2021. (Each valid postcard will result in the number of entries that are equal to the average donation). For complete details (including restrictions on qualifying purchases/donations; odds of winning; prize restrictions; and list of void countries), see official rules at https://www.community.wintogether.org/pages/official-rules-and-regulations. Sponsors: Ocean Voyages Institute, 211 N. 12th Street, Lincoln, NE 68508 and WinTogether, 20808 State Highway 71 W, Suite B, Spicewood, TX 78669 USA. WinTogether is in no way affiliated with Visa, and Visa is not a sponsor of this campaign.
THE OCEAN VOYAGES INSTITUTE CLEAN OCEANS SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, DONATION OR CONTRIBUTION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER TO WIN. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT, DONATION, OR CONTRIBUTION DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
The Ocean Voyages Institute and WinTogether (collectively, the “Sponsor”) are offering a Sweepstakes to win a Grand Prize of $50,000 cash and several sub-prizes, consisting of: (2) Visa prepaid gift cards worth $250, (4) Visa prepaid gift cards worth $500, and (2) Visa prepaid gift cards worth $1,000. The Sweepstakes will be administered by AutoLotto, Inc. d/b/a Lottery.com, an independent third-party judging organization (the “Agency” or “Lottery.com”).
The Sweepstakes is void in Quebec Province, Canada, and where prohibited by law (see also Rule 3 below).
2. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING
The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. U.S. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) on June 14, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PDT on August 31, 2021. Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for all purposes of the Sweepstakes.
The Sweepstakes is open to all individuals who are the greater of the age of majority in their jurisdiction or 18 years of age or older. Directors, officers, and employees of the Ocean Voyages Institute, Lottery.com, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and other entities in any way involved in the production, distribution, implementation of the Sweepstakes, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and the immediate families (spouse, children, parents and siblings) and/or those living in the same household of such persons at any time during this Sweepstakes (whether or not related) are not eligible to participate. Residents of certain countries, including Afghanistan, Belgium, Brazil, Burundi, Burma/Myanmar, Central African Republic, People’s Republic of China, Crimea region of Ukraine, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Mexico, North Korea, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, South Sudan, Spain, Sudan, Sweden, Syria, Venezuela, Yemen, and individuals and residents of countries on the U.S. Department of Treasury embargo and sanction list are also ineligible to participate. This Sweepstakes is void in the province of Quebec, Canada and residents of this province are not eligible to enter or win. This Sweepstakes is void in countries where local laws prohibit entry into sweepstakes or require registration/governmental approval of sweepstakes and is void where prohibited by law.
4. HOW TO ENTER
There are two ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
a. By visiting the website https://www.community.wintogether.org/profiles/ocean-voyages and making a donation to the Ocean Voyages Institute during the Sweepstakes Period. You will be given one hundred (100) sweepstakes entries for every dollar† you donate in one (1) or more transactions, or
b. By mailing a 3” x 5” postcard. To receive your Sweepstakes entry without making a donation, hand print on a 3" x 5" piece of paper your name, street address, city, state, ZIP Code, country, daytime phone number, email address, and date-of-birth, and mail it in a #10 stamped envelope with proper postage affixed to: The Clean Oceans Campaign Sweepstakes - Entry, P.O. Box 342454, Austin, TX 78734-2454.
You will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for each properly submitted and received mail-in entry. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of receipt. Limit: One (1) Sweepstakes entry, per email address/person, per day in accordance with these Official Rules regardless of method. Bulk mailing of entries is not permitted and any bulk-mailed entries will not be tabulated. Use of any robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry method to obtain more than the stated number of entries per day will void your entry/entries and result in disqualification. Potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded.
†Calculated in US Dollars.
All website entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. PDT on August 31, 2021.
All mail-in entries must be postmarked by August 31, 2021 and received by September 7, 2021. No automated, programmed entries or mechanical reproductions (of mail-in entries) permitted. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt or proof of entry. Receipt of entry may be acknowledged, but such acknowledgment does not constitute any representation as to eligibility for the Sweepstakes nor is it otherwise binding upon Sponsor or Agency. All entries and entry information become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
5. ENTRY WEIGHTING
Sponsor will use a system so that entries are treated equally regardless of whether entries were received in conjunction with making an online donation to the Ocean Voyages Institute or by mail-in request. After the entry deadline of August 31, 2021 at 11:59:59 p.m. PDT, Sponsor/Agency will calculate the average amount of the Ocean Voyages Institute donations made per person during the Sweepstakes Period. A mail-in entry will be worth the same amount as the average Ocean Voyages Institute donation made during the Sweepstakes Period. For example, if the average Ocean Voyages Institute donation per person comes out to twenty dollars ($20), each valid mail-in request (postcard) submitted will result in receipt of two-thousand (2,000) entries.
6. PRIZE & ODDS OF WINNING
The Grand Prize winner will be given $50,000 in cash, delivered as a cashier's check, less mandatory federal/state tax withholdings.
Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $50,000 (US Dollars). Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received.
Additional sub-prizes will be awarded on a bi-weekly basis:
- (2) Visa prepaid gift cards worth $250
- (4) Visa prepaid gift cards worth $500
- (2) Visa prepaid gift cards worth $1,000
Total retail value of the sub-prizes is $4,500 (US Dollars). Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received at the deadline for each draw.
Prize is not transferable without the written consent of Sponsor which may be granted or withheld in its sole discretion and without liability of any kind. No prize substitution except due to prize unavailability (in whole or in part) for any reason (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) and only then for prize/prize component of comparable value.
Prize is not redeemable or exchangeable for cash.
Winner will not receive any substitute prize or compensation, with the remaining elements of the prize representing the entire liability of the Ocean Voyages Institute and Lottery.com to the winner.
7. WINNER SELECTION
One winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about September 15, 2021 by Agency at its offices in Spicewood, Texas, USA or another location of Agency’s sole choosing, and winner will be announced after verification of eligibility. A new winner will be drawn if we are unable to contact the original winner within three (3) days or if they are found to be ineligible per the Official Rules. The drawing will comprise all eligible entries received. Potential winner will be notified by telephone, mail, or email (method[s] of notification to be determined by Sponsor/Agency in their sole discretion), and will be required to sign, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and, where legal, a Publicity Release within two (2) days of notification (or such shorter time period as may be indicated on the notification materials). Non-compliance with this requirement, if potential winner cannot be contacted by Agency for any reason, or if potential winner is determined to be in violation of these Official Rules (including but not limited to the eligibility provision of same), the prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind, and an alternate winner selected from among all remaining eligible entries received (time permitting). If a Canadian resident’s entry (or an entry from a resident of another jurisdiction with a similar requirement) is selected in the drawing, in order to win the prize, he/she must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other assistance of any kind within a predetermined time limit.
Sponsor and Agency further reserve the right to condition prize award and enforce passing a background check so as to confirm that award of prize to winner will not reflect unfavorably upon and/or adversely affect the goodwill and business reputation of the Ocean Voyages Institute, AutoLotto, Inc. d/b/a Lottery.com, and WinTogether. By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to provide upon request any necessary consents to any such background check and to otherwise fully cooperate upon request with the conduct of such background check by providing truthful and complete information. You further agree to be bound by the results of the background check which are final and binding in all respects, with the understanding that Sponsor and Agency will have no liability to you under any legal theory as to same if the background check indicates that award of the prize to you would reflect unfavorably upon and/or adversely affect the goodwill and business reputation of the Ocean Voyages Institute, AutoLotto, Inc. d/b/a Lottery.com, and WinTogether.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
a. Sponsor and Agency assume no liability or responsibility for:
- late, lost, illegible/garbled, corrupted, incomplete, inaccessible/blocked, jumbled, damaged or misdirected donation or purchase-related information, postcards, or entries (all of which are void) or postage due mail;
- any incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error of any kind;
- any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of any web site, donation or purchase-related information or entries; and any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, programming or failure of e-mail on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof;
- injury or damage to entrant’s or to any person’s computer/mobile device (or any information/materials stored therein) related to or resulting from downloading materials from any web site or participating in Sweepstakes;
- printing errors in any materials advertising the Sweepstakes.
b. By participating in the Sweepstakes, the entrant agrees:
- to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Agency, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes;
- to waive any right to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules;
- the failure of Sponsor or Agency to enforce any provision of these Official Rules in a given instance shall not constitute the waiver of such provision;
- where legal, to the use of their name, photograph, voice, likeness, publicly available biographical information and other indicia of identity, for advertising, trade and/or publicity purposes without payment/compensation, notice or approval of any kind;
- to release, discharge and hold harmless the Ocean Voyages Institute, AutoLotto, Inc. d/b/a Lottery.com, WinTogether, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates; their respective agencies and any third party entities supplying prizes for the Sweepstakes; the officers, directors, employees, representatives, shareholders, agents, successors or assigns of any of the foregoing organizations; as well as Facebook, Inc., Instagram, LLC and Twitter, Inc. from any and all injuries, liability and damages of any kind arising directly or indirectly out of participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity or (if applicable) the acceptance, receipt, use, misuse or possession of the Prize.
9. ARBITRATION & GOVERNING LAW
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO TRY TO INITIALLY INFORMALLY RESOLVE ANY DISPUTE REGARDING THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THIS SWEEPSTAKES VIA GOOD FAITH NEGOTIATION WITH SPONSOR. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT, SHOULD SUCH NEGOTIATION PROVE UNSUCCESSFUL, TO HAVE ANY SUCH DISPUTE RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION AND NOT IN A COURT OF LAW BEFORE A JURY (AND/OR JUDGE). IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS CONDITION, YOUR SOLE RECOURSE IS NOT TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES.
If applicable, such arbitration proceedings will be conducted under the rules concerning the resolution of consumer disputes of the American Arbitration Association, available at www.adr.org. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you agree to bring any such action individually and not as part of a class or group.
The Sweepstakes and these Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State/Commonwealth of Delaware, United States of America, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
- In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a website entrant (i.e., with an Ocean Voyages Institute donation), the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to have made such entry. The authorized account holder is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor or Agency which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such case, the winner will be selected in a manner determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on www.wintogether.org.
- ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE, UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO DEFRAUD SPONSOR AND/OR AGENCY RELATIVE TO THE CONDUCT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES (IF APPROPRIATE); AND, SPONSOR AND/OR AGENCY MAY PURSUE AGAINST SUCH PERSON SO AS TO PROTECT THEIR RESPECTIVE RIGHTS.
11. USE OF INFORMATION
https://wintogether.org/privacy/. (With regard to persons who are not U.S. residents, however, the information will only be used for the purposes of Sweepstakes administration unless the entrant has expressly consented to such additional use of his/her information.)
12. WINNER’S LIST
Complete Winner’s List will be available on WinTogether.org, on or after September 15, 2021.
Ocean Voyages Institute
Sausalito CA 94965, USA
WinTogether - AutoLotto, Inc. d/b/a Lottery.com
20808 State Highway 71 W, Suite B, Spicewood, TX 78669 USA.
Visa is not affiliated with WinTogether and is not a sponsor of this campaign.
AutoLotto, Inc. d/b/a Lottery.com, 20808 State Highway 71 W, Suite B, Spicewood, TX 78669 USA.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with, Visa, Facebook, Inc., Instagram, LLC or Twitter, Inc.